Hiring Organization / Company: Checkout.com
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
We're building the connected finance businesses deserve. Unleashing them with tomorrow's technology, today. Our flexible payments solutions help global enterprises — like Samsung, Deliveroo and Adidas — launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We liberate smart, passionate people to collaborate, innovate and do their best work — faster. That's why we're one of the most valuable fintech firms around. But we're just getting started. By cutting through financial complexity, we'll empower companies to change the world. Join us. Unlock your potential.
Build tomorrow, today.
As the Manager of Fraud & Risk, you will play a critical role in the continued evolution of our Saudi market Risk, Fraud & Transaction Monitoring Program. Delivery of an excellent merchant experience is a top priority so your expertise in underwriting which includes risk, credit, schemes, operations, and compliance for our merchants to limit risk and maximize success is ideal. You will be responsible for decisioning merchant applications, as well as managing risk and compliance for these merchants throughout the entire customer lifecycle. You will grow the regional risk team. The candidate will also develop our in-house methodology and use available reporting tools to proactively risk profile, and report on risk to Management. Another key element of this role is to ensure that the company provides transparent fraud management service by generating regular assessments of internal processes and propose continuous improvement solutions. The successful candidate will be able to handle multiple areas of responsibilities autonomously. You will need to deliver sound and reasonable risk decisions, while simultaneously executing on the organization's broader goals of improving the merchant experience by reducing friction and maximizing approval rates. You’ll enjoy working with various partners and cross-functional teams in order to ensure we are providing a consistent experience across multiple regions.
- 6+ years of experience in credit risk management, preferably in the payments industry, in a supervisory or managerial capacity
- Capable of leading constructive and professional conversations with our merchants and leaders on difficult conversations such as collateral requirements, reserves, funding holds, and terminations
- Holds a bachelor’s degree and other relevant specialized professional qualifications or training
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the financial services industry
- Highly skilled in quantitative methods and financial risk modeling
- Understand card schemes industry requirements for Acquirers;
- Strong knowledge of regulatory capital frameworks
- Solution-driven approach, with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of card schemes rules and regulations would be an advantage
- Ability to manage a team across different jurisdictions
What you will be doing
- Lead the analysis and investigation on any merchant’s suspected fraudulent transactions by using multiple resources including customer contact, contacting banks and credit card issuers
- Create and communicate reports to management and dedicated Relationship
- Managers on any concerns regarding existing merchant’s portfolio
- Develop and foster a relationship with partner banks’ Risk & Fraud units ensuring alignment with our internal risk policies and procedures
- Devise and execute chargeback/fraud mitigation plans across the portfolio of merchants
- Responsible for decisions merchant applications, as well as managing risk and card scheme compliance for all merchants throughout the entire customer lifecycle;
- Lead and manage numerous reviews, confidential and sensitive information in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment;
- Monitor merchant performance undercard scheme risk compliance rules
- Educate merchants on the fraud and chargeback management platform to support them
- Oversee all customers’ Risk & Fraud related requests through Checkout.com’s ticketing system
- Perform risk assessments on regulatory and card scheme compliance as well as credit and business risk on all new customers to identify risky business practices and present appropriate mitigations;
- Ensure merchants are compliant with internal policies and requirements of payment partners and card networks;
- Perform background checks of potential merchants leveraging internal tools and external resources to assess merchant's business and its compliance with Terms of Service
- Understanding business risk assessment on new and existing customers to identify risky business practices and present appropriate mitigations
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
Take a peek inside here.
More about Checkout.com
We empower businesses to adapt, innovate and thrive with the connected payments they deserve. Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1000 people across 17 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $830 million, with our recent Series C valuing us at $15 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We believe that employing a diverse workforce is the right thing to do and is central to our success.
Job Location Information: