Hiring Organization / Company: Royal Womens Hospital
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Manages patients care in allocated area ensuring good standard of care provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct care and related duties in critical care and maintains current knowledge of critical care nursing practice and standards.
- Plans, implements and evaluates nursing care given to assigned patient in an effective and organized manner.
- Provides for the physical, psychological and social needs of the patient and families
- Provides comprehensive pre-operative and post-operative nursing care to all surgical patients
- Predominant role in preparation, administration and documentation of medication.
- Performs a wide range of nursing procedures with attention to accuracy, patient safety and comfort, including those requiring strict aseptic technique
- Assists with transfer of patients within the health care facilities and serves as transport nurse for patients during ambulance transport.
- Demonstrates competency in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and participates as a member of Code Blue hospital wide.
- Maintains and updates all relevant patient documentation / medical records as per hospital policy and procedure.
- Follows the reporting mechanisms / chain of command in the nursing services department. All patient care issues shall be correctly and promptly reported.
- Demonstrates an economical approach to the utilization of equipment’s and supplies while assisting the head nurse to maintain an appropriate ward stock
- Takes responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Charge Nurse as assigned
- Responds to external disaster (Code Black) as per hospital protocol.
- Responsible for checking the crash cart as per the checklist
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of medications including high alert medications and narcotics as per hospital policy
- Responsible for maintaining inventory checklist of Hazmat items including MSDS as per hospital policy
- Ensures preventative and ongoing maintenance of equipment is carried out, reporting all failures or deficiencies through appropriate department head
- Demonstrates strict adherence to all hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and participates in fire safety, patient safety, infection control and the other necessary precautions as per hospital policy.
- Takes responsibility for professional clinical practice and is actively involved in updating and continuing education.
- Performs any other assigned responsibilities as identified by the Charge Nurse / Supervisor / Nursing Administrator.
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
Qualification, Licensure, Education, Experience, Special Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Diploma in Nursing.
- Current license in country of origin and with HAAD license to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Minimum 2 years nursing experience in Intensive Care Unit
- BLS / ACLS provider
- Good English spoken and written, Arabic language advantageous/desirable but not essential.
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-09-14