Hiring Organization / Company: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job no: 513464
Employment type Full time
Property / Office: Mandarin Oriental Jumeira, Dubai
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Department: Management (Manager), Finance
- Assisting the Purchasing Manager in all type of day to day work of the Purchasing Department and Capacity to relieve the Purchasing Manager whenever requires.
- Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased, using Company nominated suppliers where applicable.
- Ensure locally nominated supplier information is kept current.
- Manage the database of active local contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure Purchasing Manual is kept up to date.
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration.
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders.
- Manage relationships with hotel suppliers and report on their performance.s.
- Supervise the operation of the stores, uphold company health and safety, quality assurance and control procedures, make improvements to the level of control, compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions.
- Monitor all areas of purchasing including contracts, leases and nominations.
- Prepare the month end accounts reports in an accurate and timely manner.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years’ purchasing/procurement experience within a luxury hotel, preferably in the UAE
- Strong financial knowledge and ability to work with budgets
- Computer literate with excellent MS Excel skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Relevant degree in Finance/Accounting or related business discipline, from an academic institution
Advertised: 10 Jun 2021 Arabian Standard Time
Applications close: 10 Jul 2021 Arabian Standard Time
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-06-10