Hiring Organization / Company: Gulf Catering And Support Services Llc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Title : Catering Supervisor
Division / Department : Catering Operations
Organizational Relationships :
· Reports to : Operation Manager
· Responsible for : To monitor personal hygiene of all kitchen/room service staff to ensure compliance with standard health and hygiene practices. To conduct “on the job” training for all kitchen/room service staff to ensure improved performance.
· Liaises with : Operation Manager, QHSE HSEQ Officer, Customers, Staff, Suppliers & Company Department Heads.
Responsible for managing and supervising all activities of food preparation, kitchen suppliers, kitchen pantry, storeroom personnel, purchasing and many more. They are responsible for planning menus, preparing foods and using food surpluses
Duties and Responsibilities includes though not limited to:
- To ensure that food is prepared in a clean and hygienic manner and with the minimum of wastage.
- To ensure that supplies are ordered from stores in sufficient quantities to cover daily requirements as identified by menus and numbers of covers.
- To ensure that food items are handled and stored in accordance with internationally recognized standards.
- To ensure that frozen foodstuffs are defrosted in a manner that avoids loss of taste or wastage.
- To monitor validity of all food items received on site.
- To prepare patient room service orders are managed properly
- To ensure supplies are ordered to cover all patient menu dishes,.
- To motivate kitchen/room service staff to a degree which reflects pride in their capabilities.
- To ensure that kitchens, room service and food storage facilities are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness.
· To ensure that all operational equipment is maintained in good order, and that breakdowns are attended to quickly and efficiently to avoid any disruption to service.
- To ensure that staff uniforms and trolley linen are laundered regularly and that necessary repairs or replacements are minimized.
- To ensure that stock control systems are maintained up to date.
- To ensure that food stocks are being rotated correctly.
· To perform any other duties requested by his superiors out of normal routine but within the scope of work.
· Follow, imply and maintain all ISO 9001:2015 , ISO 22000:2005, ISO 14001:2015 & OHSAS 18001:2007 standards and requirements as informed/implemented by the management.
OHSAS Job Responsibilities
- To ensure a very high standard of food hygiene and personal hygiene in working area at all times as per the guidelines required by Abu Dhabi and Dubai Municipality.
- To discuss and organize practical implementation of ideas.
- Participate in the quality initiatives program of the organization.
- Cooperate and comply with EGCL in regards to OSH instructions and safe working procedures.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves, environment and others at work. * Do not adversely interfere with anything provided for OSH.
- Do not interfere adversely with anything in place to control OHS risks.
- Cooperate with organization with respect to actions and or actions taken to protect the employee/ OSH requirements.
- Follow OSHMS procedures as applicable.
- Raise identified OSH issues with designated persons and take part in OSH consultative arrangements.
- Report near miss/hazard/incidents.
- Use appropriate PPE and safety systems.
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Attend OSH training as required by the training needs analysis.
- Maintain OSHMS and other documents and records as applicable to the department
- Performs other reasonable duties assigned by management.
Secondary Education or equivalent (Desirable)
Diploma in Catering or Hotel Management.(Desirable)
Certificate in Food hygiene. (Must)
5 Years experience in catering or hotel industry.(desirable)
General knowledge of all menus of the cuisine of Specialization
Able to produce menus of the cuisine of specialization.
Communication in English
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: AED2,500.00 - AED3,000.00 per month
- Catering Company or a 4-5 star hotel: 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- EFST, HACCP & Food Safety (Required)
Job Location Information:
City: Abu Dhabi
Location: Abu Dhabi
- You may also interested for the following jobs:
- Catering Supervisor Jobs
- Jobs Vacancies in Gulf Catering And Support Services Llc